23 February 2016

ALMOND PULP COOKIES


Not quite recovered from my cold, I'm not really in the mood to do much in the kitchen. But things still tend to add up, the pile of clothes is somehow magically growing and foods are following their natural processes (i.e. moulding :( ). In order to intervene in those processes with the minimal possible effort, I made cookies. Cookies people like to call "kitchen sink cookies".


I've started to make almond milk recently, see for instructions here. And what you're left with if you make almond milk is almond pulp. There are certainly worse things to work with as you could add it to oatmeal, cake, what have you. I put it in the cookies.

Opening the fridge, I find caramel cream. An unintentional, but rather tasty side product from caramel making. (That's what happens if you pour cold cream into bubbling caramel...). Into the cookies it goes. Plus a sip of milk, not used anymore because 1) I switched to almond milk and 2) I've ended my winter-oatmeal-breakfast-phase and entered the the summer-granola-breakfast-phase.

The cookies that came out of the oven were more chewy-cakey than crispy, but still an overall success.

KITCHEN SINK/ALMOND PULP COOKIES


100 g butter
1/3 cup sugar
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk (optional)
1 dl caramel cream (optional)
some vanilla sugar and salt
1 cup flour
½ teaspoon baking soda
almond pulp (from ½ litre almond milk)
½ cup rolled oats
chocolate chips (optional)

Preheat oven to 180°C. Cream together butter and sugar, gradually adding ingredients in listed order. Bake for 12 minutes. Let cool and enjoy with a glass of (almond) milk.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment